Monday, July 16, 2012

Introduction: Yes, another g*ddamn blog

... So I was sitting around today, and it hit me - you know what the world needs? Another blog! It's not like there are any of them around or anyth... oh snap. It turns out there actually are some blogs out there already huh? Well, whatever. I guess I can't let that deter me.

What do I do? I'm the writer for the comic book Kodoja: Terror Mountain Showdown as well as the guitarist in the funk band Big Pimp Jones (we have some releases on Freestyle Records and RecordBreakin Music, the most recent of which is the Kodoja: Terror Mountain Showdown CD+45, a blend of funk and giant monster soundtracks).

What will this blog be about? It'll loosely tie into the creative process, funk music, kaiju, Tokusatsu, comics, all kinds of other stuff, inspiration and the things that drive it. For example, right now I'm inspired to throw things because the Bill Withers record I'm listening to is skipping on my favorite track, so hopefully the 'inspiration' will pass and I don't have to chuck something across the room at 72 mph (my last measured pitch speed).

Why is this blog called "inside the jaws of kaiju"? Because it's not just about the creative process, it's specifcally about mine, playboy! Kaiju will figure prominently, not just what I'm writing (both music and comics) but what culture is being absorbed that will likely go into it in the future.  By no means is this a news site, it's just the thoughts of someone creating something of their own. Hopefully you'll enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment